Monday, May 1, 2006

talk to him, pimp

the other day when i came home.. i needed to use the car.. but my mom was using it when i got home...
when i finally got the car.. i started driving and turned on the stereo.. when the cd that was in the car started playing, i realized it was e-40's new cd..
conclusion: right before she gave me the car, my mother was ghostridin' the whip...


this blog is dedicated to fun times in foster city.. thank you p4 and romero family/household/house/hot tub for a fun weekend.. and i frickin hate the movie, hostel...


thank you also to anyone that came to see me read at p4p final readings.. i apologize for swearing in my poem.. (no i don't)..
i really liked that that class made me write poetry and i really had to think about my poems and that i had to be able to defend each line in my poem.. imma miss my small group.. those people are some super sic wit it writers..
i posted my poem already in my myspace blog.. but here's the final version.. trisha said that it's not really the same reading a poem rather than hearing it.. so if you would like to hear me read it.... too bad! you missed your chance!..

haha.. just kidding.. but i sometimes i feel really weird reading my poetry.. especially for my friends.. i think it's cuz a lot of times the thoughts i write in my poetry come from a side that sometimes i'm afraid to express.. iono.. or i get self-conscious about my low-ass voice..

ey you remember
when cheney
shot some dude
in the face
on accident
n he tried
to play
it off
tried
to pretend
like nothing
bad
ever
happened

cuz it was an accident n
that dude
didn't die
like when
one week
before that day
74
from my home
74
Pilipinos/people
of my own
74
mostly women
and children
that were stepped on
stampeded on
pulled and pushed
by a parade of
30,000 poor people
all desperate/dying
for a piece
of paper
a single
raffle ticket

30,000 Pilipinos
starvin
stugglin
with 100 pesos
less than 2 dollars
a day

30,000 Pilipinos
sick of being told
that we’re lazy
sick of being screwed
by our own country
by our own president
cuz they
won’t let us
make a living
off our own soil
so sick
of all this shit
I mean
fuck
with these odds
stacked up
against you
i bet
you’d bet
your life on
game show
too

74 dead
all over a game show
but we don’t pay no
attention unless I say so

SO ATTENTION!!

I died 74 times
over a game show

but it’s ok though

cuz the Philippines will never
make the front page
or the home page
only/this page
so I’ll just bottle up/this rage
read up on
how Dick shot Harry
in/his face
and pretend
like nothin bad
ever happened

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh, that's the finished product. I really like the last part (i've liked it since you first showed it to me!)

and you never told me about your p4p readings...i guess I wasnt invited :(