Tuesday, November 6, 2007

word??..

pancakes are surely one of my favorite foods. i love making them, i love eating them, and i even enjoy cleaning my griddle after i've made a batch.

one of my earliest memories as a child is a saturday morning with my mom letting me stand on a chair next to her and letting me flip the pancakes that she was cooking. we used bisquick back then, because even though she cooked my favorite versions of anything pilipino, there wasn't really anything close to a homemade pancake recipe in her head of cuisine pilipino. but that's ok, cuz my mom's a savv and eventually she got her wings with some american cuisine, and now she makes some crackin oatmeal pancakes. how crackin? so crackin that she made me put crackin and oatmeal together in the same sentence. word.

i, on the other hand, have not yet learned how to play around with my pancake batter recipe. once in awhile i'll dot the pancakes with blueberries or chocolate/peanut butter chips, but i never have ventured into the vast world of pancake variety, like using milk instead of buttermilk, or changing my kind of flour. i follow the alton brown buttermilk pancake recipe (this was before i discovered he was an ass), cuz even though the batter comes out HELLA THICK, it produces some thick and fluffy pancakes, that are hella filling.

i'm not sure but i don't think you're supposed to drink wine for breakfast, but if you were to pair a wine with my pancakes, i think it'd have to be a white wine. even though i just said the pancakes come out of the heartier side, and i think you're supposed to match red wine with hearty meals, i just don't think red wine and pancakes is a good match. so white wine it is.

which one?
try a chardonnay.
in fact, try the super-ultra-rare (as in, doesn't exist) ratatouille chardonnay. word

i do hope that my love for homemade pancakes prevents me from resorting to using this peculiar product, the Batter Blaster.
word??

No comments: