Friday, September 28, 2007

this is still kinna new to me

i think i age too quickly..

no that's wrong, everybody hits that metabolic wall eventually, but for some reason, this one hit me out of nowhere.

maybe this is confusing, "no context, josh!" you must be screaming..

i'm out of shape, and it's not like it happened all of a sudden, but it just feels that way..

today i played some IM bball with some of the youngins, and mayn, i can't run up and down a court like a used to anymore..

i was pretty much active (and sickly skinny) for most of my childhood and the pubescent years (or as i like to call them, the wonder years).. and i usually was always the last one to get tired when we played.. i remember going all day on my rollerblades.. til like 8 or 9 at night.. and on top of all this, i always ate the most food.. always.. like i said, the wonder years..

but now.. shit we were playing for like 2 hard minutes and i start huffin and puffin hard.. i mean.. everybody gets that way when you sprint right out of the gate.. but mayn.. it just feels soo horrible..

i remember high school, when we had to do PE and bball practice in the same day.. times was relatively rough.. cuz i didn't really have much of a social life back then, so it wasn't like i was looking good for anybody.. and being active for my own health wasn't really an issue with me, so i'd be like.. mayn, why am i running so damn much??.. i guess i never realized that that shit pays off during the hustle of the game.. but we didn't win anyway, so really, did it matter??.. i mean, coach was gonna yell at me anyway so why torture myself.. i wish i coulda told myself back then, "just keep at it man, cuz pretty soon you gonna be old and fat, and you needa keep active like this or else you gon throw up at your IM game"

i think i've used this blog way too much to complain about the state of my health..
actually, i think a lot about the purpose of my blog.. i don't think i've been dropping as many fevers lately.. i think it has all been my slow submission into online pop culture.. you know? making myself seem more important than i am.. maybe i'll change that..


this USED to be my favorite tshirt EVER.. it's a white tshirt.. that's standard, but it shows home.. or at least a better looking part of HOME.. i've actually heard that that place is just for gringos, but whatever, i got a pretty fly shirt on that kinna represents where i'm from..
it used to be my favorite shirt because i used to think that i was the only person in the states sporting that shirt, but last summer i went to the pilipino parade and festival in the city, and i see this kinna old "tita girly" lookin lady wearing my shirt.. i don't think i've ever been so heartbroken, my flyest shirt being sported by tita baby..


this one is pretty cool cuz it's from a telegraph faire.. actually it's not that cool, the first time i wore it i didn't feel that i'm fly rush that comes to you when you put on your nice tshirts.. but it still works, got the microwave, spray paint cans, and my favorite part, the rice cooker to the right.. can't really see that too well though.. the people that sold it to me were cool though.. just tryin to get by..

No comments: