Wednesday, September 19, 2007

oh lawd

this is me and my friend, Big Daddy Kane, at the Roots Hip Hop Honors concert at the Fillmore, featuring MC Lyte and my friend, Big Daddy Kane.

Big Daddy Kane is now telling me that he wants me to do the wop with him.

that's Skillz in the background with the black shirt. Skillz is a hella funny dancer. ?uestlove is on the drums, i'm pretty sure he's a closet nerd, and the guy in front of him, right behind me is Black Thought, who's just plain FRESH.

MC Lyte is to my right. She's pretty fly too.

Oh yea, and on my shirt, that's Manong Philip. Don't worry, i still keeps it real.


This is a better picture where you can see Black Thought better, except i think he and Skillz are laughing at my dancing. And i hella have this moded-ass face you get when somebody takes a picture of you in the middle of you getting your groove on.

By the way, THEY KILLED IT THAT NIGHT.

Thanks April for taking me to the concert! and to every other concert that i've been to in my life.
and thanks Holly "sunshine" San Miggy for her good luck with getting on stage. She got frickin serenaded by Common. check her FACEbook
and thanks Roel for the pictures!

3 comments:

April said...

dancing perfection.

Johanna said...

A year later, I see this post & have to ask where you got the Philip Vera Cruz shirt???

Johanna said...

Never mind, I found it on beatrock.com. Awesome!