Tuesday, August 28, 2007

i'm all heart, no plan

fresh start, old hand

i'm using my last-chance semester to try and greatly simplify my life. i think i've spent all four years of college with a leash of dependence to my parents. i mean, i never expected to pay my way through college, but i think i expected to learn better how to live on my own, more than i have actually learned in the past 4 years. i have yet to learn how to responsibly manage my money (or my weight), or how to keep a single room as clean as my parents can keep our entire home.

it's not so much that i want to break away from my parents, but more, that i want my parents to be able to break away from me, or at least, from most of my financial burden on them. like many immigrant parents, they sacrificed a lot to get where they are, and to get me where i'm at today, and like most kids with immigrant parents, i've probably taken all that for granted too many times. but now, with this blog as my witness, i'll do my best this last semester, and try and prove to myself that i did, in fact, achieve more in college than just a degree. (by the way, i do get a BS, suckas)


this is way off topic, but i think my mom secretly wants a grandchild, just to play with at home.
maybe i should buy her a pet chimpanzee or something..

No comments: