Friday, May 11, 2007

boy i'm grateful to be able to post #100


so guess what blog readers??..
i am one lucky motherfucker..

yesterday i was skateboarding at around 10pm down by berkeley and oxford, and i was at a crosswalk, waiting for my turn. i see the greenlight for the crossing traffic turning yellow, and i see that there's an SUV that's going relatively slow and i'm pretty sure that it's not gonna be able to make the light.

so i drop my skateboard and kick, push to cross the crosswalk..

the driver never saw me. in running the FUCKING RED LIGHT, he sped right through me prolly going around 30mph.

lucky for me, and for him, i guess, i wasn't rolling that fast yet, and only half by body was hit by the car. which spun me around and dropped me like a rag doll. the collision also fuckin knocked my hat off my head. anyways, i lay on the floor, thinking to myself "i just got hit by an SUV".. actually, i have no idea what i was thinking.. jayme's external hard drive, was in my backpack, and i think that may have crossed my mind. but whatever, i was in the crosswalk til somebody came and picked me up and helped me get to the sidewalk, where the FUCKING DRIVER comes over and is like "are you ok man? you should be careful.."

HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU GONNA SAY THAT TO ME?? YOU FUCKING BE CAREFUL!! THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T FUCKING RUN RED LIGHTS. YOU DIDN'T EVEN CATCH THE YELLOW. YOU SPED UP AND STILL FUCKING RAN A RED LIGHT, FUCKING ALMOST KILLED ME, AND HAVE THE FUCKING NERVE TO TELL ME TO BE CAREFUL!!

lucky for you, you just fucking ran me over, which meant that i was in too much shock to fucking scream at your ass for telling me to be careful after you ran me over.

anyways.. like i said i'm really lucky to be able to write all this, because i didn't break anything, and i didn't get a concussion or anything either.. my entire left side is prolly gonna bruise up in a couple days, it hurts to turn my head.. like i slept in an awkward position or something..

but other than that.. i can function, and still eat solid foods, thank goodness.

yea.. at first i didn't really care that i got hit by a car.. i mean, i was like whatever, it shouldn't be that big of a deal... the more and more time passes, i realize how fucking lucky i am..

so maybe if i'm all emotional around you next time i see you, you'll know why..

anyways.. if you didn't get it from my title, this is my 100th post..
i hope you think it's a good one..
because getting hit by a fucking car didn't tickle..

(thank you again, april, for waiting for me in the emergency room, for the third time now)

3 comments:

Eyawn said...

glad to know you're safe homie.

la said...

oh my gosh! CRAZY.

sometimes i get that feeling too when i wipeout or stop myself in front of a dumbass driver like that, but i've never had an experience like that.

skating is really practical and fun - sometimes i forget how dangerous it can be...

i'm glad you're alright joshy!!

emilyn said...

wth... YOU GOT HIT BY A CAR!?! im so happy youre ok!!! lets look at the bright side, at least now you have a cool story to tell people :)